Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yellow Broom

What a looker, eh?
There are a number of different colors of broom.  Dark pinks, sulphur yellow with a red spot, white, but this is my favorite I think.  The most common plants are sometimes the most satisfying.  My Ex-Wife had one of these behind a birdbath, and in front of a yew hedge as I mentioned earlier in Fallow Corner(The house name) in Little Bardfield, England.  This baby gets about seven feet tall.  I stake it every year, as it is very leggy, but the heavy snows always flatten it despite my efforts.  I end up pruning huge branches of it off as I try to stand it up again in the spring.  It has never disappointed me though.  It appreciates my efforts despite my failure to achieve the main objective.  some on keeps putting ducks and bunnies in the garden.  I like things to be a bit more high tone, but the kitsch keeps creeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment